Thursday, April 21, 2011

29 weeks!

This pregnancy is going remarkably fast. I attribute that both to the fact that it's been an easier pregnancy for me and also because we are having another girl...no huge shopping sprees or accessory buying for us! It's nice, but at the same time, I feel like I've done little to prepare for this little one's arrival. We have been trying to talk to Ava about "Baby Sister" and she loves saying it, but really, she has no idea what is going to be rocking her world all too soon. 




Whether we feel ready or not, we are very excited to welcome this new little one into our family. I wonder if she will look like Ava? We also are having a hard time pining down names that we love...any new suggestions, friends?


Random highlights from this pregnancy:

  • I have been craving fruits and veggies like crazy this pregnancy. Much better than the nightly ice cream cravings I had with Ava! (although to be clear, there is no shortage of ice cream eating in this house :))
  • This baby is just as active as Ava was, and has kept me up at night a few times, which Ava never did. 
  • I have been told a few times that I am carrying "high", and one lady even went so far as to ask, multiple times, "Are you SURE you're having a girl?" Might have given me a few nightmares :) (not that I wouldn't love a boy, but man, that would be a weird surprise at delivery!)
  • I forgot that they give you RhoGAM shots in the bum...ouch!
  • Sometimes I wake up and forget that I am pregnant until I feel my belly...that is weird!
We can't wait to meet you baby girl!

1 comments:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

I am so excited for you my dear! You look just adorable pregnant! I only wish I could see you for real! Ava is adorable and I am sure Bassett baby girl #2 will be too! Can't wait to see pics! Good luck!