I just turned 30, and I'm starting to feel old. For the first time I've been nursing running injuries (a sore knee and a pulled calf muscles). Hopefully I can work through these issues quick enough to be able to have a decent go of the Boston Marathon which is in just 4 weeks (April 18 for those who are keeping track).
On my B-day one of the guys I work with came up to me and said, "Are you really 30?" (It is never a good sign when someone starts with a question like that). To which I said yes. He went on to say how he thought we were about the same age (~24), and I was just thinking, wow, how do you miss that?
For the most part I don't feel that different, but growing up 30 always seemed pretty old and after that conversation it made me think I WAS getting old. On top of that, I am going to be the father of TWO little girls soon. WEIRD!
That said, I would much rather be 30 and happily married with two cute little girls than without any of those things.
2 comments:
You rock 30!
When Laramie and I were in England (at the age of 25), one of the other girls exclaimed "You're way too young to be married!" It surprised me (BYU warps your sense of what ages people normally get married), but then I started to think. An undergrad degree in England takes only 3 years. My degree in the States took four years, and then I worked for 3 years before getting the MA. So maybe she thought I was right out of school and just 21.
Post a Comment