I really enjoy making things, and through the years have done quite an array of wood working projects. Britney knew this but since we have been married, I haven't had time or access to make anything. That finally changed over the Christmas holiday. We spent 10 days at Britney's parents house in warm Gilbert, AZ, and Britney asked that I make a toy storage shelf (described in THIS website). The version outlined on the website was smaller than we wanted, so we made it 50% wider and added another shelf. It was difficult to make in one week with the limited tools I had available, but it all worked out in the end and I'm pretty happy with the result.
This is what Ava's toy storage used to look like. [It was a terrible old particle board book case that I had inherited when I first moved to Boston in 2006. We had attempted to paint it a cream color but it didn't paint well, and it needed to go.]
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Wood Working!
This it what the shelf looked like before adding the toys.
And here it is with everything. There is still even a little space left!
Not to shabby if I say so myself!
Posted by
Erik
at
11:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Wow! Love seeing the pictures, it's way better than hearing about it over the phone.
We have lots of bookcases, we just need to put them in the right places and put stuff in them. Trying to figure out how to stick our latest bookcase purchase in the kids' room without getting in the way of anything and without making the books so tempting nobody will ever get on pajamas.
Nice work Eric! I am impressed with your woodworking skills! Let me know when you're ready to make one for our toys :)
Mr. Hilliar would be so proud. Strong work!
Excellent! Way to rep the Basset craftiness! -Mindy
That's incredible, Erik! I wish you could teach Dan a thing or two...
Nice! How did you join the boards?
Post a Comment